I make this yummy peanut butter silk pie on a graham cracker crust. It has a thin layer of fudge and a cream cheese peanut butter filling. I cook the chocolate fudge into a soft ball stage, but you can use your own favorite fudge recipe.
graham cracker crust for 9-inch pie
1 cup granulated sugar
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup milk
2 cups whipped topping
1. Cook sugar, chocolate, milk, corn syrup together, stirring occasionally, to the soft ball stage or about 234° to 240° on a candy thermometer.
2. To test for soft ball stage: Use fresh cold water each time you test the candy. In about 1 cup of cold water, spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of hot candy. Put you hand into the water and push the candy to form a ball. Gently pick the formed ball up. If it will not form a ball, it is not done. The soft ball will flatten slightly when removed from water.
3. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter. Beat lightly for a few minutes; pour into bottom of pie crust. Chill thoroughly before filling.
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with peanut butter, powdered sugar and milk.
2. Fold in whipped topping until well blended.
3. Spoon into fudge-layered pie crust
4. Garnish with chopped Reese's peanut butter cups
5. Chill thoroughly before serving.