This recipe is quick and tastes so much better than the box stuff. I found it online a while back and we love it.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- oil, for pan
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Romano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Stir milk gradually with flour, until smooth.
2. Add, stirring constantly, the beaten egg, to which the salt has been added.
3. For each shell/crepe, brush a six inch teflon coated fry pan with oil or butter.
4. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter in the bottom of pan, tilting back and forth so it spreads evenly.
5. Cook slowly until just set, do not brown.
6. When set on one side, turn over and let other side set.
7. Slide off pan and onto plate to cool slightly.
8. Repeat until all of the batter is used.
9. Place 2 TBS of your cheese filling into the center of the crepe/shell, bringing sides over so they overlap to hold filling inches.
10. Arrange side by side in baking pan with your favorite sauce (I use Classico with Sweet Basil), topped with shredded cheese.
11. Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes.
I serve my manicotti with some fresh chopped basil from my garden and a garden or Greek village salad.