Monday, June 15, 2009

Grilled Lemon Shrimp Kabob

The Grilled Lemon Shrimp Kabob recipe is easy and the shrimp always comes out super delicious! And if you serve it over mango salad, you will get some points in the presentation category. As my husband said when he first glanced at the meal, "now that's a tasty byte!"
















I buy shrimp frozen, so I usually take the skin off when it is frozen. I find it is easier and the shrimp that they sell in our market is the same that I buy frozen. I like to keep the bags frozen in the freezer until I need them. 

2. Put the Shrimp on the skewers with both the tail and body.
- I mention this because I have seen some people only put one part of the shrimp onto the skewer and then the shrimp falls off the skewer to easily.

3. In a separate bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon or lime, along with the fresh pressed garlic.

4. Marinate the shrimp for a little bit in the bowl.
- Don't marinate for too long or the lemon/lime will cook the shrimp.  Marinate for about 3-5 min. I usually just brush the shrimp a few times, just enough that the shrimp gets a coating of the marinade. 

5. Grill your shrimp until they are nice and pink.
- Be sure to brush and coat the shrimp often with the lemon/olive oil mixture. This will make the shrimp tastier. We also like the shrimp when they get a tiny bit burnt. This gives the shrimp a crunchy texture along with a carmelized taste. 

 6. Optional - grilled green pepper.
 - If you like green pepper, like I do, I usually grill a green pepper after taking out the seeds. I brush the same mixture from the shrimp on it and flatten it as I grill it. You will see what it looks like on the right of the plate below.

 
   I serve this with a mango salad (see recipe) or fresh garlic, parmessan and olive oil mixed with linguini. I also like to make raspberry margaritas to go along with this dinner or a nice white sangria.

This is a very tasty meal that will make you feel like you were taken to a Caribbean island.  Cue the steel drums please! 





Tonight's Music Bob Marley, Buffalo Soldier


0 comments:

@Tasty Bytes   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP