Tonight's dinner is also called youvarlakia avgolemono in Greek this means meatballs in lemon sauce. The meal is especially easy to make with the time saving items I add to the recipe and you could make it in less than 20 minutes.
1 package of pre-made meatballs or you can make them fresh
1 Box of Beef Broth - I used Swanson's organic beef broth
1 cup of white rice - I like Uncle Ben's Original
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. In a sauce pan heat up boil 2 1/4 cup of the beef broth
2. When the beef broth is boiling add a cup of rice
3. In a separate pan boil the broccoli in water covered
While all the above is cooking make the lemon sauce - called avgolemono in Greek
1. In a large sauce pan heat about a cup of beef broth on low
2. Beat eggs and the juice of 2 lemons until well blended
3. Add a little bit of the warm beef stock to the sauce and blend well
4. Add the egg, lemon and beef broth mix to the pan and stir constantly
5. When it is well blended add the meat balls and cover
6. Cook just until the broth and meatballs are fully warm or cooked
This a link to the book I use when I have to look up a Greek recipe. I highly recommend it since it not only gives you good recipes but it also tells you a little history about the food. Also listed is a great CD that my family and I enjoy listening to when we cook Greek Food or just feel like Greek dancing.