Tonight's dinner turned out to be a delicious surprise. I had peaches that were going ripe and I decided to grill them with the marinated chicken I was making. They turned out awesome when I served them as a side and ate them with the chicken. I highly recommend grilling any fruit especially if you feel you couldn't possibly eat it because it is to ripe. Enjoy!
Ingredients To Marinate The Chicken
- vinegar, like cider, balsamic, or red wine
- dried herbs, oregano, parsley, Italian seasoning
- garlic salt powder
- olive oil
- ground black pepper
- boneless, skinless chicken breast
Put the vinegar, herbs, olive oil in a large re-sealable plastic bag. Close the bag and shake to combine all the ingredients. Open the bag, drop in the chicken breast in the bag. Close and shake the bag to coat evenly. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight if chicken is frozen or for a few hours if you plan on making it right away. When you are ready to cook the chicken pound each one of them a little. This will make the chicken tender. Heat a grill or grill pan until cooked through.
- brown rice with olive oil
- cilantro and tomato chimichury (Chopped tomatoes, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, and onions)
- grilled peaches with a sprinkle of olive oil if desired (They are good with out it too, see picture.)
- salad (with your desired ingredients picture shows how I served it)
- grilled or boiled broccoli with a little olive oil
Fresh strawberries and peaches topped with a little sugar in the raw
My little guy couldn't get enough of tonight's meal. He was licking the plate clean. : )